Before a product hits the market, it requires extensive research and studies to ensure it is safe and appropriate for its intended purpose. Many companies who are testing new products will have individuals who are interested in participating in clinical trials utilize the product first. These clinical trials are closely monitored by medical professionals and the results and side effects are tracked and reported as needed to the Food and Drug Administration before it can be approved by the FDA for widespread use. But who are the people who participate in these clinic trials? In many cases, they are everyday people who are struggling with certain conditions and are willing to undergo studies to determine if a new product or medication might help them where no other solutions would.
Why participate in a clinical trial?
Dr. Paul Yamauchi and his associates at the Dermatology Institute and Skin Care Center find that there are several benefits to being a participant in clinic trials.
Below are just a few of the more common advantages of clinical trial participation:
- Access to the newest, latest therapies and medication prior to their release worldwide
- Medical care with the top researchers and faculty in the dermatology profession
- Opportunity to help others who might also struggle with the same conditions
- Receiving the best possible support from a dedicated team of professionals
- The ability to look after your health and hopefully treat your condition long-term
- Make a difference in the future of dermatological advancements around the world
- Have an impact on the progression and clearance of new technologies and strategies in dermatology
Learn more about participating in clinical trials
At the Dermatology Institute and Skin Care Center, we want to learn more about newly advanced technologies and products that can be used to help our patients in the Santa Monica, CA area. If you live in the area and are interested in participating in clinical trials for new skin therapies, products, and treatments, we strongly encourage you to call our office and let us know! Our practice is located at 2001 Santa Monica Boulevard, Suite #1160W and can be reached by phone at (310) 829-4104.